Cohen Laser and Vision Center in Boca Raton offers BlephEx® blepharitis treatment to residents of Boca, Delray Beach, Fort Lauderdale, and West Palm Beach. Procedure is performed by expert eye doctor G. Richard Cohen, MD.
BlephEx® is a painless in-office procedure performed by your eyecare professional. A revolutionary new patented BlephEx® handpiece is used to very precisely and carefully, spin a medical grade micro-sponge along the edge of your eyelids and lashes, removing scurf and debris and exfoliating your eyelids.
The patented micro-sponge is disposable and for optimal cleaning and exfoliating, a fresh clean one is used for each individual eyelid. The eyes are rinsed well afterwards.
The procedure lasts about 6 -8 minutes and is well tolerated. Most patients simply report a tickling sensation. A numbing drop is usually placed in each eye prior to treatment for increased comfort.
After the procedure, the patient is instructed on how to maintain their clean eyelids with regular nightly lid hygiene. Since home treatments are only semi-effective, the procedure is typically repeated at 4-6 month intervals.
BlephEx® Treatment for Dry Eye and Blepharitis
- Over 50% of all patients suffer from some type of dry eye and blepharitis symptoms.
- BlephEx® is a new, in-office procedure that allows your doctor to take an active role in treating dry eye and blepharitis.
- BlephEx® removes excess bacteria, biofilm and bacterial toxins, the main causes of inflammatory dry eye and lid disease.
- With regular treatments, patients finally enjoy a life free from the chronic and irritating symptoms associated with dry eye and blepharitis.
- The BlephEx treatment is well tolerated and only takes a few minutes to perform.
BlephEx® can save the patient hundreds of dollars in the costs of prescription drops and artificial tears. See your eye doctor for this latest breakthrough in eyecare technology and dry eye treatment.